by Wishing on a Star Diva
All right my Disney Divas and Devos! It is time to shake things up a bit! I have reviewed Disney on Ice shows in the past, but it is time to just lay it all out for you (and as an added bonus, if you scroll to the end we have a special discount code for you)! So without further ado, here are the Top 10 reasons the new Disney on Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment show from Feld Entertainment is one you DO NOT want to miss!
- New Characters- Toy Story 3 makes a large showing at this year’s performance. While Buzz, Woody, and Jessie have been featured in previous shows, it has never been much more than a song or two. This year, Andy, Rex, Barbie, Mr. Potato Head, Bullseye, Hamm, and other favorite Toy Story 3 characters like Lotso and Ken skate into your hearts starting in Andy’s bedroom and moving to the Sunnyside Daycare Center.
- Flying- Not only do you get great skating and and acrobatics, but you get to see other great stunts such as watching a little green army man descend onto the ice via parachute! The crowd went wild as he parachuted down to the ice and began dancing and marching around on the ice with the other soldiers.
- Bubbles- The Little Mermaid segment includes bubbles! I mean really, who doesn’t love bubbles? The Little Mermaid scene also highlights my favorite villain and my personal favorite part of the show, Ursula! Ursula is a very cool edition to the show, as she glides around the ice.
- Pyrotechnics- Fire and Ice?? Yes, please! This show has lots of great pyrotechnics, with sparks flying out of Mickey and Minnie’s car, as well as from Lightening McQueen. You also get to see lots of sparks and even falling snow in the Frozen segment. With all of the special effects, you and your loved ones will definitely be sitting on the edge of your seats!
- Anna and Elsa- What Disney on Ice show would be complete without Anna and Elsa? Anna, Elsa and the rest of your Frozen friends have been part of Disney On Ice productions for several years now, but with the release of Frozen 2 quickly approaching, it brought a renewed sense of excitement to this part of the show and many audience members were sporting Frozen costumes while belting out their favorite lyrics as the characters skated around the arena.
- CARS!– Lightening McQueen, Mater and the rest of the gang are also making an appearance in Disney on Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment. This was very exciting for my family and I because we have not seen them in other Disney on Ice productions we have attended in the past. While I wasn’t quite sure what Feld Entertainment would have in mind with bringing cars onto the ice, the show did not disappoint. The cars have some tricks of their own up their sleeves for this show, including Mater showing off his skills of driving backwards!
- The costumes and props- There are just three words to describe Disney on Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment’s props and costumes: Elegant, beautiful, and sparkly! The amount of detail and creativity in the costumes and props definitely shows you how much time and thought goes into bringing such a dynamic production to life to keep audience members engaged. I particularly enjoyed the skaters and puppetry that brought Flotsam and Jetsam to life, and found them most impressive. Another favorite part of the show that highlights its creative genius is when they had larger than life children come onto the ice to “play” with Buzz, Jessie, and the rest of the toys at Sunnyside Day Care. You really did feel like you were seeing things from a toy’s perspective.
- Crowd Interactions- It was so fun to watch the crowd sing, dance, and clap along. I try to present myself as a professional adult in most situations, but I am not going to lie… It is fun to let go of your insecurities and belt out a good Disney song (or several) with the kiddos! Plus, during The Little Mermaid, children from the audience were brought in to join in the show. How cool is that?!
- Food and Souvenirs!- While technically not part of the show, this category has a lot to do with your overall experience. And really, what experience isn’t complete with some kind of souvenir or snack to commemorate the event? Make sure that you get to the Golden 1 Center plenty early so that you can stock up on snow cones, popcorn, cotton candy, and your favorite Disney toys. My kids LOVE the snow cones which come with a souvenir cup. There are several options of characters to choose from such as Anna, Elsa, Ariel and Olaf.
- Music- The interesting thing about the music in this production is that not all of the songs are traditional Disney songs. While there are classic Disney songs such as “Let it Go” and “Under the Sea”, the Toy Story 3 segment also showcased a variety of other songs that weren’t specifically Disney such as “I’m a Barbie Girl” and “Play That Funky Music White Boy”. But whether you like the classics or are just looking to see your characters dance to a new array of songs, you will find yourself singing and clapping along to the beat.
Well there it is Divas and Devos, Feld Entertainment and Disney delivered again! I have never attended a Disney on Ice production that did not leave me wowed, and this one is no exception. There are still six shows left, so hurry and grab your tickets for this weekend and check it out!!
For your convenience, here is a list of the remaining show times and 2019 dates for Disney on Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment in Sacramento:
o Friday, Nov. 8 7:00 PM
o Saturday, Nov. 9 11:00 AM, 3:00 PM & 7:00 PM
o Sunday, Nov. 10 12:00 PM & 4:00 PM
WHERE: Golden 1 Center – 500 David J Stern Walk, Sacramento, CA 95814
Tips for the venue: When you’re going to see a great show, the last thing you want to do is waste time and gas circling the venue in vain trying to find a coveted parking spot. The Golden 1 Center in Sacramento is right off of the freeway, and there are many parking options near the arena. Visit Sacpark.org for easy parking. Disney Diva Tip: As always, we recommend arriving to the show an hour in advance so that you can park, use the bathroom, purchase snacks, and find your seats before the production begins. Trust me, you’ll be happy that you arrived early… you don’t want to miss a second of it!
Okay, it’s time for that special discount code! Looking to save some money on your tickets? Feld Entertainment has generously offered our readers a special savings of 20% off of your tickets when you enter the promo code: MAGIC
This is a great way to save money while still getting your family great seats. And with all that money you save, you can splurge and buy that popcorn or bubble wand your loved one has been eyeing! (Disney Diva Disclaimer: No double discounts, additional fees may apply and savings are only valid on select price levels and performances.)
I know my family really enjoyed the opportunity to see another great Disney on Ice production from Feld Entertainment. Disney on Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment is a show you don’t want to miss. So make sure to write down the discount code, snag your tickets, and head over to the Golden 1 Center to enjoy an amazing show. You won’t regret it!
Disney Diva Disclaimer: I am a Feld Family Ambassador, in exchange for my time promoting, attending and reporting my opinion of shows on this blog, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld Entertainment shows. They also have generously included four tickets for our blog to give away to one lucky reader for the opening night performance. Though I do receive these benefits, I ALWAYS give an opinion that is 100% mine.