By: Main Street Diva
Visiting Walt Disney World is one of my favorite things to do in the world, however, planning a vacation there can be quite pricy, especially when traveling with large families. Here are 6 totally free, fun and magical things to enjoy while on your trip in Disney World.
1. Celebration Pins- One of the first things I do upon entering one of the Disney parks, besides staring in awe that I am actually there, is go to guest services and pick of one of their many celebration pins. They have a pin for everything; birthdays, anniversaries, family reunions, engagements, 1st visits, just married, you can even get a general “I’m celebrating” button just because you are happy to be in Disney World! I love going to Disney to celebrate my birthday. If I wear a Birthday pin, I may not get treats and cupcakes from every restaurant but some of them will give you a complementary birthday cupcake. You will, however, be greeted by everyone in the park with a “Happy Birthday” and a big smile.
2. Cracker Jacks at Casey’s Corner- Casey’s Corner is a baseball themed quick service restaurant that serves all of the ball game favorites such as hot dogs, fries, corndogs and more. As the classic song “Take me out to the ball game” goes, “Buy me some peanuts and…” you guessed it, Cracker Jacks! Baseball would not be complete with out a nice big bag of this ball game favorite. The CM’s give out free bags of Cracker Jacks to a few lucky guests. Get to Casey’s Corner at 11:00 a.m., right when they open and you might get chosen to throw the first pitch of the day and catch a bag of this yummy treat.
3. Take an Art Class- Ever since I was little I always wondered what it would be like to be an artist for the Disney company. However, I always knew I would never be able to be one because I can not even draw a stick figure. Well, now I can learn to draw and pretend to be one when I take an art class with a real Disney artist in The Animation Academy in Hollywood Studios. Classes run every half hour in the Animation Courtyard.
4. Trying on Kimono- One, of many, things I love about Epcot is the way you are immersed into the magic of feel as if you are in different countries. From browsing the selections of Venetian masks from Venice in the Italy pavilion to walking through the beautiful Moroccan pavilion designed by Moroccan artisans, Epcot is an amazing place to just get lost in the beauty and wonders of each pavilion. Something I like to do when I visit Epcot is try on a Kimono in the Japan pavilion. If you ask nicely, the CM will fit you for your very own kimono and allow you to take pictures. It is a great way to feel like you are actually in Japan! You can purchase a kimono as a souvenir (prices vary).
5. Water- Nothing is better in the middle of a hot Floridian day than a nice ice cold glass of water. If you go up to any quick service restaurant or food cart around the park, and ask nicely of course, the CM will give you a tall glass of refreshing ice water!
6. Try Soda from Around the World- Ever wondered what soda tasted like from different countries? Well, you can try a selection of soda in Club Cool in Epcot! Sodas from Israel, Germany, Mexico and many more are waiting to be tried! Don’t forget to try the Beverly soda from Italy (maybe you wouldn’t want to try it because it is very bitter but I had to try when I went… I also tricked my mom and sister into trying it!).