by Military Diva
June is almost over and we can all finally say “Happy Summer”. Whether your plans include an extensive Disney Vacation or a local staycation, I hope you find time to make beautiful memories with your loved ones this season. While many of you are still busy with work and family activities, take time to enjoy those closest to you. Laugh, love and get active while the sun is shining!
This season, the Disney Travel Company is working hard to help your family make summer memories. Let’s take a look at the changes that were announced this June.
Walt Disney World Resort Updates
- Disney World Resort 2020 packages can now be booked! If interested in booking a vacation next year, you can now book online at www.disneyworld.com, via phone or through your favorite travel agent.
- 2019 Holiday Updates were announced-a new fireworks show will debut this yearduring Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, beginning on November 8. (If attending a party, consider adding a Fireworks Dessert Party reservation to your visit!) Additionally, Whoopi Goldberg, Pat Sajak, Steven Curtis Chapman and Edward James Olmos were confirmed as narrators for this year’s Candlelight Processional at Epcot.
- Summer One World ticket is now available! Enjoy six admissions when visiting between June 4 and August 28, 2019. Admission includes one visit to each of Disney’s four theme parks and one visit to each of Disney World’s two water parks. Guests can visit more than one park per day, but cannot exceed the (6) admissions total (entry to park not days in parks). Tickets cost $444 plus tax per guest.
- Restaurantosaurus Burgers and Sundaes, a new quick service dining experience is coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Starting August 18, guests with reservations can enjoy an entree, side, drink and build-your-own sundae. The experience is $22.99 per adult, $14.99 per child (3-9) or one quick service credit per guest. Guests will also be entertained with dinosaur stencils and Cast Member entertainment. (Alcoholic beverages can be purchased; specialty and alcoholic drinks are included with quick service dining credits.)
- “Guardians of the Galaxy-Awesome Mix Live!” is returning to Epcot. Enjoy your favorite Guardians as they rock out to our favorite hits! You can experience this stunning stage performance at Epcot’s America Gardens Theater from now until August 18. Check out the park’s “Times Guide” for daily scheduled times.
- Cruella’s Halloween Hideaway will offer guests a special experience during this year’s Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! Guests purchasing this add on will enjoy appetizers, treats and drinks at Tony’s Town Square. Guests can come and go as they please between 9:30 pm and 12:30 am. Additionally, the special ticket ($99 per person plus tax) includes a reserved spot for the evening “Mickey’s Boo-to-You” Parade. Separate ticket to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party required.
- Topolino’s Terrace-Flavors of the Riviera at Disney’s Riviera Resort now taking reservations. Exciting new food, stunning rooftop location and delicious desserts will be available starting December 16. The Storybook Breakfast Dining Experience, featuring Mickey, Minnie and friends, will also take place at Topolino’s Terrace. Both meals are Table Service option using (1) Table Service Credit for breakfast, (2) Table Service Credits for dinner. Guests also have the option of paying out of pocket for these meals.
- My First Disney Getaway Package is a new resort room/ticket package geared at first time guests and guests with young children. Starting around $1000 for a family of three, guests can enjoy a two night stay at a Disney All Star Resort (standard room), tickets to Disney’s Magic Kingdom, tickets to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, two stroller rental vouchers and a merchandise bag filled with special “First Time” goodies. You must call the Disney Travel Company or contact your travel agent to book these packages.
Disneyland Resort Updates
- “Tale of the Lion King”, an all new stage show is now available at Disney’s California Adventure. Guests will enjoy the retelling of the story along with beloved songs and dance.
- “Disneyland Forever” fireworks return to Disneyland Park. Guests can enjoy fireworks and projections from different areas around the park-each with its own special view!
- Oogie Boogie Bash-A Disney Halloween Party will be available at Disney’s California Adventure beginning on September 17. The party will occur on 20 select nights and will require a separate admission ticket.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge updates…as of June 24, Disneyland will implement a virtual queue or boarding pass on crowded days. When visiting the park, open your Disneyland app (or signs in the park) for information on whether the boarding pass is in use. You can then request to join a boarding pass, holding your place in line.
Disney Cruise Line
- Fall 2020 Cruise itineraries were announced. Excitingly, Halloween on the High Seas and Very Merrytime Cruises were included.
- Enhancements are being made to the Disney Wonder and will be available on the September 30 sailing from Vancouver to San Diego
- French Quarter Lounge will offer Tiana inspired offerings for every member of your family member. Enjoy live music and special entertainment while being immersed in the New Orleans style.
- Vibe, the teen only space on Disney’s Wonder is receiving a facelift.
- The Cove Cafe, an adult only space, is also being redesigned.
While June is almost over, there is still time to plan your own summer vacation. But if you can’t swing it this year, consider a Fall 2019 or 2020 Disney Vacation. Patricia at All for Dreams Travel can arrange that and anything else you need to make your vacation magical. Contact her today for a FREE quote!
***Disclaimer – We at Tips from the Disney Divas and Devos hope you enjoy reading our articles, and encourage you to share any you feel may be of interest to someone else. We do ask, however, if you choose to share the photographs attached to our articles, you give credit to the photographer. Thank you for your cooperation and sharing our love of Disney!