by Military Diva
I’m going to change things up a bit and get right to it…Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is OPEN!!! Without further hesitation, let’s jump directly to Disneyland News & Updates for May 2019.
- Immerse yourself in the world of Star Wars! Star Wars: Galaxy Edge is now open at Disneyland Park. Disney Magic Diva provides all the details you need to know if visiting soon. And of course, you can re-watch the Dedication Ceremony from #DisneyParksLIVE!
- New Disneyland attractions and upgrades
- Disney’s California Adventure-Jessie’s Critter Carousel opened in Pixar Place and Mickey’s Philharmagic made its debut
- Disneyland-refurbishments have been completed on Sleeping Beauty’s Castle
- New Max Pass updates-last year guests were given the ability to add Max Pass to their Disneyland Packages. Starting this month, Max Pass can now be added to ticket only purchases as well. Contact All for Dreams Travel or your own travel agent for help with your purchase.
- Avenger’s Assemble in Disney California Adventure Park! Download the Disneyland App and find your favorite characters-Captain America, Thor, Loki, Black Panther, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Spiderman, Star-Lord, Gamora and Groot!
Disney World Updates
- Happy Anniversary to Disney’s Hollywood Studios! DHS celebrated 30 years of fun, action and entertainment this month with a special, in-park celebration. Guests were treated to a first peak at the new park logo, the debut of the all new “Wonderful World of Animation” projection show and information about the upcoming attractions: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the new Toy Story Land table service restaurant (Roundup Rodeo BBQ) and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad.
- Signature Celebration Package available at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Packages include dinner at CRT, complimentary welcome glass of sparkling cider/specialty beverage, a commemorative box of specialty confections, reserved Happily Ever After fireworks viewing and an After Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE, online through your “myDisneyexperience” account or by contacting your travel agent.
- Taste of Magic Kingdom Vip Park tour! Go behind the scenes and enjoy VIP tasting of some of your favorite Magic Kingdom food offerings. “During the tour, you’ll discover how food memories are made as you taste your way through the kitchens of Magic Kingdom Park. ” (www.DisneyParksBlog.com) The tour will offer access to rarely seen kitchens, expert interactions and samples of course! Interestingly, offerings may change with the season! Tours can be booked via phone at 407-WDW-DINE, through your “mydisneyexperience.com” account or through your travel agent. The tour is available on all days except Wednesday and Thursday, requires valid park admission and will cost $99 per attendee.
- Extra Extra Magic Hours available this fall for Disney World Resort (and select other resort) guests.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios-daily September 1-November 2 from 6-9 am. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land attractions will be included.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom-daily August 29-November 2 from 7-8 am. Pandora-The World of Avatar and typical Extra Magic Hours attractions will be included.
- Magic Kingdom Park-daily August 29-November 2 from 7-8 am. Typical Extra Magic Hours attractions will be included.
- Disney’s Skyliner Gondolas took a test run! In the process we were treated to a magical view of characters and familiar themes that have been wrapped around the vehicles.
- New themed Magic Band options became available, and quickly sold out, Disney World resort guests. Keep checking here and in your “myDisneyexperience” account for availability.
- New holiday entertainment and decor coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom this fall.
- Mobile Order Service expanding to Disney World Resorts. Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Contempo Cafe at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will join Centertown Market and Spyglass Grille at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort this summer in offering Mobile Ordering Service.
- Summer One World ticket option available starting in June. Tickets are $444 per guest and include (4) theme park visits and (2) water park visits.
- Purchase between June 4 and August 23, 2019
- Tickets include six admissions total
- Guests have the flexibility to visit more than one park per day
- Ticket use June 4-August 28, 2019
- “Rivers of Light-We Are One”, the second phase of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s evening show, began this month!
- H20 Glow Nights return to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. This exclusive, night-time event is available on select nights from May 30-August 24, 2019. Tickets purchased in advance are $59 per adult/ $54 per child; gate tickets are $69 per adult/$64 per child.
- Lower crowds, easier access to attractions and fun lighting!
- Toy Story characters on hand.
- “The Wharf” adult only venue
- Family dance part
- Exclusive merchandise
- Exciting food and beverage offerings-Western Beef Brisket, Pork and Chicken Kabobs, Chicken Noodle Salad, Baked Cod, Cheese Party Platter, Bathtub Party Sundae, Woody’s Rootin Tootin Milkshake, Pineapple Soft Serve Ice Cream with Blue Raspberry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available (Food and beverages extra, not included with cost of event ticket)
Disney Cruise Line
- New 3 and 4-night sailings announced for the Disney Dream.
- 3-night Bahamian from Port Canaveral on August 24, August 27 and September 3, 2020
- 4-night Bahamian from Port Canaveral on August 30, September 6 and September 10, 2020
- Before You Can Board digital content added to the Disney Cruise Line app. Under the “My Reservations” section on www.disneycruise.com, guests can read itinerary specific tips, citizenship requirements and documentation, packing lists, ship contact info, information regarding any travel delays and more!
- New Disney Cruise Line Navigator App now available. The app features reservation details, a countdown clock, itinerary/ship details. In addition, guests can book activities and excursions, complete check-in and make personal requests.
- Guests with the old app must delete prior to installing the new app. (Log in credentials will remain.)
- Guests can use this app for on-board features. Phone must be placed into airplane mode.
- Updates to Disney Cruise Line Guest Booklet-guest accustomed to the thick spiral notebook will be in for a surprise! Guests will now receive a single page Luggage Tag Mailer. Guests are being encouraged to access their reservation via the Disney Navigator app or www.disneycruise.com for the majority of their details. According to www.DisneyTravelAgents.com, the new mailer will contain
- High level summary of reservation details
- Departure Port name and address
- Online Check-In reminder and/or confirmation that it has been completed
- Arrival day tips
- Resort name, check-in/check-out time and address, if pre and/or post nights confirmed
- Important information emphasizing alcohol policy and what not to pack
- Reminder to download the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App
- Two luggage tags per person
Adventures by Disney
- Adventures by Disney 2020 dates, including the new Egypt itinerary, were announced.
- Adventures by Disney discounts were also announced. Guests booking now through July 19, 2020 and traveling on select dates can enjoy significant savings. Visit www.AdventuresbyDisney.com or your travel agent for additional details.
- Save up to $750 on select Adventures by Disney vacations
- Save up to $500 on select Adventures by Disney International vacations
- Save up to $250 on select Adventures by Disney North American vacations
- Date Change Policy-As of May 26, 2019 guests will only be able to change the date of their Adventures by Disney trip one time. If unable to travel on the new date, all applicable cancellation fees will apply.
So tell me, where do you want to travel this summer? There are so many updates and new attractions to experience it can be hard to choose. Whatever your preference, consider contacting Military Diva at All for Dreams Travel to help coordinate your travel details. I do all of the work, based on your requests, while you sit back and enjoy! And of course, all fees are paid by the Disney World Travel Company at no extra expense to you!
*All for Dreams Travel is an independent agency of Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner