By: Diva VivaMy husband and I were so lucky to have a Disneymoon (WDW Honeymoon). Whether you are planning a Disneymoon or just a romantic Disney get-away, here are our Top 5 Most Romantic Things that we did in Walt Disney World.
5. Stealing Kisses on Rides. There are many dark rides that are perfect for a quick (or some not-so-quick) pecking moments. We found that the two person pod-like seating on some rides was especially perfect for this at The Haunted Mansion, The Sea with Nemo and Friends, Peter Pan’s Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Also, slower rides with more people in the vehicle like The Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico, It’s A Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spaceship Earth, Splash Mountain (not during the drop!) The Great Movie Ride, Journey into Imagination with Figment, and Maelstorm in Norway are good spots if you get the back row. We also liked the back row seats at the Impressiones de France theatre, so we could feel like we had a romantic Paris moment. My husband loved the challenge of trying to kiss during rides that were not so easy to do like Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, Big Thunder Mountain, and Dinosaur. We also suggest trying to distract your loved one with kisses during Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and Toy Story Mania to hurt his/her score. Though they aren’t exactly secret kissing spots, a kiss on the Prince Charming Regal Carousel and Dumbo are a must.
4. Spending an evening at The Fort Wilderness Campground. We booked a dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo Review and it turned out to be one of our favorite evenings. We took a ferry ride over to the campground, a very romantic way to travel and then walked around the campground a bit before making our way over to the show. During the show, the actors ask anyone who is celebrating a wedding or anniversary to stand up and participate in a romantic slow dance. There is a lot of hooting and hollering any time you kiss. After the show, we decided to take the optional horse drawn carriage ride (for an extra fee) around the campground. This again is a very romantic way to travel around and we loved it! We even saw deer walking around in the woods and we saw a beautiful sunset over the lake. It was a perfect slow paced romantic way to break up our day and afterwards, we were fully rested and ready to head back by ferry to Magic Kingdom for late night rides and more.
|Ears to the Bride and Groom|
|Welcome to the Wonderful World of Disney|
3. Disney Floral and Gifts packages. We registered for our Disneymoon as our wedding registry (to find out more, see my Disney Parksand Resorts Honeymoon Registry Review). That means that throughout our trip, our family and friends surprised us with treats delivered to our hotel room. This was very magical! We were given flower, wine, and treat packages from the Disney Florists, so that when we returned to our room in the afternoons after spending the morning in the parks, we had surprises waiting for us. One night, the hotel delivery staff even worked with our family to figure out when we had a dinner reservation so that we came home at the end of the day to find a romantic trail of rose petals
leading to our bed which had rose petals, bath salts and oils, monogrammed bath towels, chocolates, and kissing Mickey and Minnie dolls. Throughout our trip, we were given Ears to the Bride and Groom, From Mickey and Minnie with Love, Let’s Celebrate, Toasting to a Happily Ever After, and Welcome to the Wonderful World of Disney packages. I would recommend any one of them! If you aren’t on a trip that would cause friends and family to send you packages, you can order packages for you and your loved one ahead of time and schedule them to arrive during your trip. Even if you know it is coming, a treat waiting for you back in your room is a romantic way to end your day at Disney. Here is the link to the Disney Florists’ website.
2. Photos in front of Cinderella’s Castle. Though we also ate a wonderful dinner inside the castle at Cinderella’s Royal Table and even planned it so that the Wishes fireworks were going off through the windows during our meal, we found that the true magic of the castle was the photo opportunities we had outside. We used the Photo Pass during our trip, and following Cast Member Diva’s advice, we had pre-purchased our Photo Pass CD, so we knew that the more photos we had taken the better. Every time we found ourselves with a spare moment in front of the castle, we would find the nearest Photo Pass Photographer and have our photos taken. They were wonderful at encouraging us to pose romantically, and asked us to kiss many times, which we didn’t mind at all! Our photos are very romantic and truly show our love for each other and the fun we had on our Disneymoon.
1. A Romantic Fireworks Cruise for two at Magic Kingdom. This was absolutely magical! We met our boat and our Captain at the marina dock of our hotel, the Contemporary, and hopped on board. Our Captain had food and drinks waiting for us and we brought our own bottle of Champaign (which had been delivered to our room earlier that day by Disney Floral and Gifts) and our Captain kept it on ice for us until he opened it for us just before the Wishes fireworks show began. We started with a guided tour of Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake where we got a different view of the shoreline and hotels along with interesting facts and history about the park’s construction. As the sun went down, we found a perfect spot to watch the Electric Water Pageant go by. We then sailed out to the middle of the lagoon to position ourselves for perfect Wishes viewing. While we waited, we enjoyed some more snacks and popped open the Champaign. Our Captain also turned on the radio and found a romantic music station for us. Right there, in the middle of the lagoon, while looking out over Magic Kingdom, with Cinderella’s Castle in the distance, we danced on the boat! It was a moment I will remember for my whole life. When Wishes started, the Captain changed the radio to broadcast the show music to our boat and we cuddled together under the stars while watching an amazing view of the fireworks. After the show, we got to see the Electric Water Pageant pass us again and we sailed back to our hotel where we continued the evening with a romantic walk on the beach before heading to bed.
See other Disney Diva Romantic ideas: